|THE ASPEN SCHOOL DISTRICT WEB SITE HAS MOVED!! If you are reading this message the migration to our new site is still in progress; please go to asd.schoolwires.net to access current district/school information as this site you have accessed is no longer being maintained.|
0235 High School Road
Aspen, CO 81611
Students will realize their full potential, appreciate the relevance of their education, be excited to learn, and empowered for success.
Treat others as you want to be treated.
The Aspen Elementary School seeks, implements, and monitors best practices for student and teacher learning. The staff focuses on learning in collaborative teams. Faculty clearly defines, articulates, implements, and assesses what students know and are able to do, and are committed to the social, physical and emotional well-being of all members.
To seek, implement, and monitor best practices for all learners, we:
To focus on learning in collaborative teams, we:
To define, articulate, implement, and assess student learning, we:
To support the social, physical and emotional well-being of our school community, we:
We are committed to a learning environment where we will:
1. Invite a spirit of cooperation that recognizes compassion, respect, humor and integrity. ...Get along!
2. Demonstrates a commitment to curiosity, discover and creativity. ...Find out!
3. Promote critical thinking in order to evaluate choices, make decisions and solve problems. ...Think and do!
4. Build a solid foundation of conceptual knowledge and skills. ...Be smart!
5. Seek to understand and value the importance of our connection and contribution to the community and the world beyond. ...Join in!
6. Establish an atmosphere of trust where diversity is honored, risks may be taken and communication is honest. ...Make a safe place!
7. Foster positive attitudes toward a healthy physical, emotional, social and academic life. ...Be healthy and happy!
8. Encourage self-awareness and self-regulation to cultivate individual growth. ...Know yourself!